Are you going to start freelancing or have established yourself on a workplace with few jobs?
Don’t have a portfolio website yet?
That’s like a “Bouncing ball” that get higher on the first bounce and then get lowered on each bounce until grouned.
I call it “First Bounce Success” that is a deadly mistake that leads to the failure in getting long term jobs because you think you will be getting success each time an no need to have branding or portfolio site at all because this is nothing but waste of money.
So let me say you are at the wrong side because sooner or later you will be down like a ball stays on the ground after the bounces over. “_ Shahzad Bashir”
Each time you create a profile and try to get the freelance jobs and luckily you get and make money, Do you think its enough and just focus on a particular workplace depending on a profile only? Then you must realize that you need to have a individual portfolio or website to showcase your work other than the workplace you are getting hired at.
No matter how much strong is your profile is at any workplace, You always need to establish your own brand individually. Creating a brand with your own website name, a Blog and a professional logo are must requirement to go for a long run in the freelancing business. Most of the times the clients asked you to submit references and samples from other than workplace so you must have a personal website to show your portfolio designs and details.
Why need individual website portfolio to showcase your designs?
Top 5 reasons to have your own personal portfolio websites
- Clients interest to see your work: The online clients from a workplace most commonly asked you to provide a link where they can check your portfolio and full detail about yourself. Specially the clients want to see what kind of website or portfolio you have created for yourself because they think it must be a “master piece” and they can get and idea or satisfaction with your personal work and dealings with the previous clients you served for.
- For full information about you: Another reason is, the client take you as a professional and serious with your profession if you have a brand website with enough information about you, Testimonials, Samples, Contact info, Phone numbers, email id, Template design of your website etc.
- To sell your products or Templates: A very strong reason that I consider very important is, You can sell anything through your personal website. For example, if clients contact you through a workplace but want to see what other services that you provide or is there any thing they might be interested in. Most commonly, the clients who need website designers to hire, they want to see the best designs so if you refer them to check any pre built design that you have for sale, They might be interested in buying to save their time or if they like a better design with affordable price.
- Establishing long term business relationship: The Freelancers intelligently bring the clients to their website in order to build long term relationship with low price as compare to the workplace prices. The Clients love to become a direct once they are satisfied with the services you provide so they want to save the fee and charges they pay to a workplace site and so as you do. So save commission and delays in getting paid from a “workplace” and establish a direct connection through your personal website.
- Become an affiliate to a hosting or become a Reseller: Just double your income without any extra hardwork, Ask your client who want to hire you for a web design job, if s/he has a hosting account. If not then you are in luck to double your income. Let them know that you are a host or affiliate and provide hosting for a lowered price then a regular hosting price so the client can buy hosting from you as well and this is a passive income without any hardwork.
There are several other very strong reasons to have your own professional website preferably with a brand name or your personal name .com website like mine is www.No1Freelancer.com where I showcase my portfolio designs, Clients testimonials, Hosting packages, Services list, Affiliate products, Reviews and full information about me.
If you need help in registering a personal or brand domain name with .com along with an affordable hosting plans with lots of Free services, then please visit no1freelancer hosting or you can directly contact me anytime.