After having knowledge about WordPress Blog & website, You must be enthusiastic to start creating the first WordPress blog or websit but before we get started, you have to have a localhost server on your personal Computer so that you can install WordPress just like one can install WordPress on a remote server as a self hosted website.
Let me tell you that installing WordPress is no more daunting as you can conveniently download a complete package that will provide you total control over your web designing suit. This will arouse curiosity to learn in a simple way by getting knowledge that how easy is to create your first WordPress Website & Blog, Nevertheless it has some technicalities involved during installation but rest of the things are a piece of cake.
What is Xampp?
Xampp is a complete package that provides all the essential tools that are required to run WordPress on a local host (your personal computer). XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl. XAMPP is really very easy to install and to use – just download, extract and start.
Current beta version for
- Apache (2.2.22)
- MySQL (5.5.20)
- PHP (5.3.10)
- phpMyAdmin (3.4.9)
- OpenSSL (1.0.0g)
- XAMPP Control Panel (3.0.11)
Let’s Get started:
Installaing local host server:
- Open your web browser and go to http://www.apachefriends.org/en/index.html page
- Click “Xampp” next to Home icon on top menu navigation bar.
- Scroll down and click “XAMPP for Windows” link.
- On the next page, scroll down again and click “XAMPP” under “Download” category.
- Under XAMPP FOR WINDOWS click on “ZIP” which is 149Mb in size.
- Download and save into your hard drive.
- After Downloading click to extract on the desire location. (Please install winzip if you don’t already have to extract the file)
- Extract XAMPP on you hard drive. It will create a desktop icon for starting the program.
- Doboule click on icon. A dialauge box will appear. Click Apache Start button and when it shows Apache is Running then click Start Mysql button to start it as well.
- Now you have successfully installed and running XAMPP.
- Go to web browser and type “localhost/xampp” in the browser address bar.
- Now you are on Xampp index file on Apache server.
So this was the Xampp installation process & it is neccessary to install so that WordPress could be installed on the local host.
In the next level we would create a mysql data base and then install WordPress on the local host.